Say What?! - Short Video Game News Clips
Posted by wastelander75 , 28 November 2011 · 1008 views
video games news rumors Xbox 360 PS2 PS3 Wii PSP Carl Windows
Best selling game of all time. Bobby Kotick tossed off top of Activision building. Universal brotherhood as all wars end soon after. PS3, Xbox 360, Wii create universal console to play all three disc formats. The Easter Bunny, Santa, Leprechauns, Unicorns and Li'l Bush's brain proven to exist. I'm married to supermodel.
Yeah I know, none of this is ever gonna happen. But a guy can dream.....
- Crysis on the Homefront: It seems THQ isn't up to snuff on making the sequel to now-defunct Kaos Studios' Red-Dawn-esque Homefront title. Originally, after Kaos officially shuttered their doors, THQ announced that their new Montreal studio would be taking over the production of the sequel. However, for still unknown reasons, they decided to hand the title over to Crytek, makers of the Far Cry and Crysis tiles.
Given the financial struggles THQ had been having all of 2011, it's a wonder they're still in business. Hopefully A: They'll bounce back from Saint's Row: The Third sales, and B: Crytek will give us a sequel that's a bit longer than a mere 4 hours. So far it's being listed for a 2014 release date. -
- Gameflix? Netfly? Monopoly?: The juggernaut movies-rent-by-mail Netflix has recently announced that they'll be delving into the video game rent-by-mail niche, probably giving places like Gamefly a reason to be worried.
Oh! I smell a new franchise war! Woohoo! -
- Super Sony Bros!: Rumors are currently circulating about a PlayStation 3-exclusive fighting game in the style of Nintendo's ubiquitous Smash Bros. This game, currently code-named Title Fight, is currently being discussed on a personal blog called the Paul Gale Network. According to the blog, the game is rumored to include Kratos, Parappa the Rapper, Nathan Drake, Sly Cooper, Fat Princess, Colonel Mael Radec and Sweet Tooth with a reported 20 more still unnamed characters to come. Sony has, of course, stated that they have no comment.
Honestly though, I'd pay good real money to watch Kratos beat down Nathan Drake....and then rip him apart. Honestly. -
- I Am Alive (But Still Dead on PC): Upcoming I Am Alive creative director Stanislas Mettra has stated in no uncertain terms that, due to potential piracy, the financial viability of the game on PC is not happening. In a recent interview, Mr. Mettra was quoted as saying, "We've heard loud and clear that PC gamers are b****ing about there being no version for them. But are these people just making noise just because there's no version or because it's a game they actually want to play? Would they buy it if we made it?" He went on to say that MAYBE one day he'd like to get a release on PC, but for the foreseeable future, no. "It's hard because there's so much piracy and so few people are paying for PC games that we have to precisely weigh it up against the cost of making it." -
- How the HELL did I end up buying 10 cases of Nos?! .....damn you Kinect!!: According to tech blog Gizmodo, Mastercard is currently testing a system they call "QkR" (quicker), which will allow you to wave your card in front of your Kinect to instantly purchase an item in an ad on said peripheral.
Yeah THAT'S not gonna be exploited is it? -
- We Can Remember That For You Wholesale!: It seems grabbing a PS Vita memory card that you'll grudgingly eventually need....well....is gonna be kinda.....expensive. Video game retailer GameStop has posted listings for four sizes of Vita memory card, including a 4GB card for $29.99, 8GB for $44.99, 16 GB for $69.99, and finally the 32 GB model for $119.99.
120 bucks. For a memory card. Not a game. Or a controller. Or food on your table. You know, something you can actually use on a regular basis.
But a memory card. For 120 bucks......siiiiiiiiiiigh. -
- MartB64 likes this